What is the Body Image Movement?
Founded by Taryn Brumfitt, the Body Image Movement is working to end the global body-hating epidemic and inspiring us to change the way we feel about ourselves and value our bodies.
Embrace everyBODY. Create global change.
- Inspire women to change the way we feel about ourselves and value our bodies.
- Redefine and rewrite the ideals of health.
- Combat toxic media messaging in our society.
- Celebrate body diversity in shape, size, ethnicity and ability.
- Empower diversity of choice – everyone has the right to a positive body image and express themselves how they choose to.
- Educate our global community and provide tools to combat negative body image.
We say no to…
- Society and advertisers preying on women’s insecurities
- Excessive Photoshopping of body images in the media
- Being programmed into accepting unrealistic body images
- The notion that weight determines your health
- Women being treated as sexual objects and the objectification of women
And we say yes to…
- Body diversity and revelling in the beauty of the human form
- Celebrating the journey our bodies have been on
- Growing old, and acknowledging the privilege to do so
- Focusing on things that are important, rather than comparing ourselves to others
- Being healthy at every weight
Find out how you can get involved here.