We are overjoyed to announce the introduction of a program we have been working towards for years.
Our social impact vision for the Body Image Movement has always been to create a mind shift in how women and girls think about their bodies and value themselves. EMBRACE the documentary is an important part of that process but in order to really make tangible change we have to be out in the community bringing it to the forefronts of people’s minds; that will come through our Educational and Social Outreach Program.
We plan to create and distribute curriculum specific interactive education study guides in collaboration with an expert education writer with the aim of having it taught in every High School in Australia.
The materials will include:
- School Action Toolkit: to support schools to facilitate positive body image activism by encouraging all students to be more accepting of who they are, to use positive language about their bodies and the bodies of others and to prioritize health rather than striving for the unrealistic ‘perfect body’ portrayed in media.
- Parent Pack: a guide for parents in having conversations with their children to encourage positive body image to ensure happy, healthy and confident kids.
Other initiatives in the Educational and Social Outreach Program include:
- Supporting and developing the Body Image Movement Global Ambassador Program (BIMGAP)
- Bringing the powerful seminar ‘Developing Daughters, Supporting Sons’ to rural and regional communities
- Driving political change such as this petition to create legislation around labelling photoshopped imagery
With the help of birdsnest we are on our way to creating powerful change, 100% of proceeds from the Embrace range go towards our Educational and Social Outreach Program.
If you would like to contribute, click here.