WHAT IS embrace :
THE UNION PROJECT?
Embrace is a life changing social impact documentary that explores the serious issue of body image. Embrace: The Union Project is an opportunity for individuals, teachers, health professionals, businesses and philanthropists to lead a body image revolution throughout the UK.
We’re seeking 2,000 people to purchase a public licence to screen Embrace (or gift their screening to a school or community group) and in doing so, contribute to a greater legacy for the next generation – vital body image education.
THE ultimate GOAL
Drum roll please…… when we accomplish our mission, The Body Image Movement will create the Embrace Education Study Guide and make it accessible to every secondary school
3 EASY STEPS TO
host a screening
Purchase your screening licence.
Host your Embrace
High 5! You’ve been part of global change!
HOW to get INVOLVED
There are many ways you can join The Union Project.
• Host a screening - we promise it's easy! Don't believe us? Check out our FAQ's to learn more.
• Turn a screening into a profitable fundraiser. You only need 30 guests paying £10 each to break even... so easy, it's a cinch!
• Gift a screening of Embrace to a local school or community group.
• Become an Education Partner and have your branding included in the Embrace Education Study Guide nation wide!
• As you can host a screening almost anywhere (including schools, sports clubs, local businesses, councils etc.) you could gather your colleagues and watch the film in your workplace or enjoy a night in with your friends and family to watch Embrace together.
• Spread the word about The Union Project! Use the resources in our Embrace Toolkit.
• Be part of our community. Join our Embrace: The Union Project Facebook Group.
education study guide
Body dissatisfaction is a global epidemic that’s sadly impacting the lives of students across the UK. Nine out of 10 British teenage girls are unhappy with their bodies and one third of males would sacrifice a year of their life to achieve the ideal body.
Developed in consultation with education specialists, health professionals and psychologists, The Union Project will allow the Embrace Education Study Guide to be created in accordance with national UK curriculum standards and be made accessible as a FREE classroom resource.
Comprised of engaging lesson plans and student worksheets, the guide supports teachers to foster positive body image in the classroom and promote the skills required to build resilience, confidence and self-esteem.